UT Tyler Student Accessibility and Resources
Students who are eligible for accommodated testing will take their exams in the Testing Center. Testing accommodations may include extended time, a quieter separate location, enlarged font, use of a scribe, use of adaptive equipment and others.
Procedures for accommodated testing in the Testing Center:
- Exams will be administered as close to the class test date/time as possible with some flexibility due to scheduling or accommodation requirements.
- Students are expected to arrive at the designated testing time.
- ACCESSIBILITY SERVICES WILL NOT RE-SCHEDULE AN EXAM WITHOUT PROFESSOR'S APPROVAL.
- Professors will send exams to the SAR office at least three days prior to the exam date so that format adjustments, scribes or other adaptive equipment can be provided to stay in compliance with ADA supported accommodations.
- If exams are not received in time to efficiently provide the accommodation, the SAR office will schedule the exam as needed to remain in compliance.
- Professors will provide an electronic copy of the exam in a .doc/pdf format so that necessary adjustments may be made to meet accommodation requirements.