Emerging Fields in Public Relations
The University of Texas at Tyler
In today's world of media technology and ever-expanding platforms for communicating messages, there's a great demand for professionals who can navigate between the worlds of print and digital media.
The Executive Master's in Public Relations (ECOM) program at UT Tyler will prepare you to meet the growing, rapidly changing demands of the public relations profession. The degree program is designed for PR practitioners, journalists and other communication professionals who want advanced skills and knowledge to manage staffs, organizations, and modern media platforms.
- Take courses to build on your professional background and expand your knowledge about emerging issues and concepts in such areas as integrated marketing, crisis communication, health communication, new technology and media management.
- Earn your degree in a flexible program that allows you to study primarily on your own time, at your own pace, and that can be completed in just 16 months. The program requires a campus presence one week per semester; the rest is completed online.
As a graduate of the program, you will be well prepared to pursue a leadership role in such diverse positions as:
- Vice President for Communications
- Crisis Communications Specialist
- Hospital Media Relations Director
- Press Secretary
- Director of Digital Strategies
- Director of Government Relations
The Emerging Fields in Public Relations program will begin Fall 2016.
Request more information regarding the ECOM Program.