UT Tyler School of Education - Graduate
The following are the general procedures for fulfilling degree requirements for Master of Arts, Master of Science, and Master of Education degrees. Specific academic requirements are described in the graduate program sections of the catalog.
- Apply to the program of choice. The application form is available online. Requirements for program admission will be those in effect at the time the application is submitted.
- Gain admission to the selected degree program.
- Consult with and advisor and file a degree plan during the first semester after admission to the degree program. Complete required semester credit hours of approved graduate work.
- Maintain a grade point average of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) in all courses applied toward the degree, and with a grade point average of at least 3.0 in the academic major. No course with a grade below a "C" may be applied toward fulfilling degree requirements.
- Complete requirements for comprehensive examinations administered each semester by the Coordinator of Graduate Studies or the program advisor. Applications for taking comprehensive examinations should be completed and returned to the College of Education and Psychology by the published deadline of the appropriate semester.
Complete thesis requirements (if applicable).
- File for graduation prior to the published deadline by completing the application form available in the Office of Graduate Studies.