UT Tyler Department of Electrical Engineering
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
The UT Tyler electrical engineering bachelor of science degree program prepares students to practice successfully as electrical engineers and/or pursue graduate studies.
The electrical engineering curriculum is designed to provide students a strong theoretical foundation, practical engineering skills and experience in communication and teamwork.
Electrical engineering majors acquire the knowledge, skills and experiences that will enable them as graduates to:
- Be involved in professional practice through the application of problem-solving skills, using relevant technology in their field.
- Demonstrate professional leadership skills through effective communication, critical thought, creativity and teamwork.
- Integrate engineering principles and social, business and ethical issues in modern society in the process of decision making.
- Be professionally engaged in serving the needs of business, industry, government and academic organizations.
- Grow professionally through activities such as graduate study, continuing education, professional licensure and participation in technical societies.
Four-year Suggested Curriculums