Executive Health Care Administration (MPA) at UT Tyler
EHCA: Quality in Design and Content
Why Choose the M.P.A. in Health Care Administration
Many health care professionals who are considering advancing their careers in health care management and administration are faced with deciding which graduate program will best serve their educational and professional needs. Our EHCA program is specifically designed to provide a health care based curriculum. Our courses are taught by faculty members who have been recruited from around the country and who have served as health care professionals, administrators, and policy specialists during their careers.
Management of health care organizations in today’s complex and continuously changing environment require transformational leadership. The EHCA MPA Program is specifically designed for health care professionals seeking to advance their careers in health care administration in order to become leaders today’s modern health systems. Our advanced graduate education program is singularly focused on the health care industry.
An essential characteristic that can help distinguish graduate programs for health care professionals is both the academic and field experiences of the faculty. Faculty members of the EHCA Program have held executive positions in health care organizations such as: Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Chief Operating Officer (COO), Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Strategic Planner (VP), Hospital Marketer (VP), Health Policy Analyst (HHS), and Health Care Consultant.
All EHCA courses are designed exclusively for health care administration.
• Our Health Care Marketing course not only applies the principles of product and services marketing to health care services but also emphasizes the marketing of concepts such as obesity, smoking cessation, fighting cancer, etc.
• Our Health Care Accounting and Finance courses not only teach the principles of accounting, but also the specific requirements of Medicare, Medicaid, SCHIP and accounting for private insurance programs and formats such as HMOs, PPOs, and other capitated programs.
• Our Health Economics course covers the primary tenets of macroeconomics, and also delves into the health care industry with an emphasis on the economic issues that affect medical care delivery and finance.
• Our Human Resources Management course looks at the difficulty of managing a highly educated professional workforce including nurses and physicians, with the ever-shrinking availability of resources, and ever-increasing demands for more services.
• Our health policy course looks specifically and exclusively at the development of health policy both in Washington and at the state level with emphasis on influencing health care policy makers dealing with today's intricate health policy changes. The Executive Health Care Administration MPA Program at The University of Texas at Tyler is designed to provide students with the working knowledge specifically needed to effectively manage health services organizations in the private and public sectors.
The EHCA program is the only program in East Texas that is a member of the Association of University Programs in Health Administration (AUPHA), the nation’s leading healthcare administration education organization.
The EHCA program has been recognized as one of the top 20 Health Care Administration programs in the country by Health Care Management Degree Guide.