UT Tyler Educational Leadership & Policy Studies
Online Superintendent Certification Program
Now accepting applications!
The Superintendent Certification is a completely online 17-semester-hour program that requires a) holding a Standard Principal, Mid-Management, or other Texas Administrator Certification; b) completion of the specified course sequence within six years; and c) satisfactory performance on the appropriate TExES exam. Contact Wes Hickey, 903.565.5669 with any questions.
To be admitted to the Superintendent Certificate Program, a prospective student must:
- Hold a master's degree from an accredited institution.
- Submit official transcript from the institution that awarded their bachelor's and master's degrees to Graduate Admissions.
- Complete the application for admission to a graduate program online. Note: Your program must be the Superintendent Program to be eligible for scholarships.
- Provide evidence of holding a Standard Principal, Midmanagement or other Texas Administrator Certificate.
- Participate in a personal or Skype interview.
Note: Applicants whose undergraduate degree is from a foreign institution must submit acceptable TOEFL scores (as explained here), or a verbal GRE score of 146 or higher, before full or provisional admission will be considered.
Scholarships and Total Costs
- A $360 per course scholarship is deducted for students with a major of Superintendent.
- Total program tuition costs approximately $4,500.
Superintendent Certification Program (17 hours):
Concentration Area (14 semester hours)
|EDLR 5350||Personnel Administration|
|EDLR 5360||The Superintendency|
|EDLR 5453||Public School Finance|
|EDLR 5458||School Facilities|
Internship (3 semester hours)
|EDLR 5375||Practicum in the Superintendency|