Executive MBA Healthcare Management Program
The Executive MBA in Healthcare Management Program provides industry specific knowledge in the fundamental areas of business with topics related to the healthcare profession. This program concentration is delivered in an executive format and is taught in a face-to-face cohort setting. Applicants are expected to have a minimum three years of managerial experience. The executive program concentration includes the MBA Core and elective courses.
Degree: MBA (On-Campus Cohort Only)
General Graduate Admission Requirements
- Apply online.
- Pay the application fee.
- Submit official transcripts to the Office of Graduate Admissions and unofficial transcripts to the SCOB Graduate Advising Office.
- Admission to the degree program is determined primarily on the basis of predictors
of success in graduate study:
- a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution,
- grade point average computed on the last 60 undergraduate hours and
- a satisfactory score on the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT). In rare instances the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) may be accepted in lieu of the GMAT.
- Submit official GMAT scores to the Office of Graduate Admissions and unofficial scores may be sent to the SCOB Graduate Advising Office and directly to the program director.
- Applicants with three or more years of extensive managerial work experience earned in the US or with a US governmental entity may request to have the GMAT requirement waived by the graduate coordinator. This decision is made on a case-by-case basis; "extensive managerial experience" will typically mean a full-time supervisory or managerial position held for a significant period of time after completing the bachelor's degree as demonstrated with a resume.
- Apply online.
- Submit transcripts.
- Applicants for the Executive MBA Healthcare Management Program are required to have three or more years of managerial work experience. Such experience is evaluated by the program to waive the GMAT requirement for EMBA HCM applicants.
- Submit Applicant Info Sheet to the program.
- Submit résumé to the program.
- Submit 2-3 recommendation letters to the program.
- Submit letter of intent to the program.
- Complete program interview process.
- If admitted, remit $1,000 acceptance fee to program.
There is no Provisional Admission into the EMBA HCM program.
There is no Re-Admission into the EMBA HCM program. All students admitted must begin and graduate with the same cohort. Students may transfer courses out of the EMBA HCM program toward the general MBA program.
Transfer Coursework is not accepted into the EMBA HCM program. Students may transfer courses out of the EMBA HCM program toward the general MBA program.
Once admitted into the EMBA HCM program a nonrefundable acceptance fee of $1,000 is due to hold the student’s seat in the program. Failure to pay this fee may result in the denial of the applicant’s seat. The $1,000 fee is applied toward the overall program cost.
There are no leveling courses required. However, MATH 1342 - Elementary Statistics is highly recommended prior to MANA 5305 (see degree plan).
Faculty/Staff Scholarship recipients as well as F1 classified students are ineligible to apply to the EMBA HCM program.
Successful applicants have an index score figured as follows:
Last 60 hour GPA x 200 + Total GMAT Score => 1000
If a student's last 60 hour GPA = 3.25 or higher, the GMAT is waived.
Kerrie Anne Clark, Executive Director