The University of Texas at Tyler
Campus Community Emergency Information
To report an incident on the UT Tyler campus, dial 911 (emergency) or 903-566-7300 (non-emergency).
Warnings & Alerts
In the event of an emergency on the UT Tyler campus, university officials will attempt to notify students, faculty and staff as soon as possible using a multilayered approach, as appropriate. Persons receiving notifications should follow the university's instructions and guidelines, or those of local, state and/or federal authorities. Click below for additional information on the university's emergency notification systems.
- University Police - The University Police Department is located in the University Service Center Room 125, located at 3410 Varsity Drive.
- Sex Offender Registry Information - Persons wishing to inquire concerning registered sex offenders on campus may search the Texas Department of Public Safety registered sex offender database. A specific link is provided for searching by institution of higher education.
- Campus Crime Alert - In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, timely warnings will be issued to the campus community when a crime or attempted crime occurs on campus, or in the immediate area around campus, that represents an ongoing threat to the campus community.
- PatriotALERT - UT Tyler students, faculty and staff will receive emergency communications via the PatriotALERT system. Alerts will be sent via text (SMS), phone calls and emails. Updated contact information is required to receive these alerts.
- Website - The UT Tyler home page will direct viewers to the proper sources for updated information.
- Emergency Website - The UT Tyler emergency website will be updated with the most current information available, as well as details and instructions.
- Outdoor Warning System - The outdoor warning system notifies the campus of emergencies with tones and voice instructions.
In case of emergencies dial 9.1.1.
For other non-emergency issues, call one of the following numbers:
Traffic Office 8 a.m.-5 p.m., M-F
If there is an emergency and you haven't received notification, your top priority should be to ensure the safety of yourself and those around you. Move to a safe location and await instructions.
Detailed instructions on specific emergencies are located in the UT Tyler Emergency Flipchart
UT Tyler Emergency Blog
UT Tyler Emergency Twitter