College of Engineering
Mission & Vision Statements
The mission of the College of Engineering at The University of Texas at Tyler is to:
- Prepare broadly educated graduates who think critically and serve the global community as professionals through investigation, collaboration, and innovation;
- Foster the intellectual and economic vitality of the region, the state, and the nation through teaching, research and outreach; and
- Instill a sense of excellence, ethics, integrity, leadership, and service in our graduates.
With this mission in mind, the vision of the faculty is that the College of Engineering will be:
- A recognized leader in engineering and construction management education and selected research fields at the local, state, and national level;
- A leader in the university in terms of student quality, performance, retention, and enrollment;
- A leader in the university in attracting and educating a diverse student body; and
- A leader in the university in externally funded research.