UT Tyler Scholarships
Merit and Talent-Based Awards for Outstanding Students
The University of Texas at Tyler offers many scholarships designed to attract and retain outstanding degree-seeking students.
To be considered for a university scholarship, students must be accepted for admission and submit an online scholarship application for the appropriate scholarship and semester.
Scholarship and Financial Aid Applications
It is recommended that all UT Tyler scholarship applicants complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Awarding of academic scholarships is based primarily on predictors of academic success, such as high school class rank, standardized test scores and prior grades.
Students may not receive more than one academic scholarship award from the university each semester. However, students may receive separate talent awards and may use external awards (e.g. Rotary Club Award).
Students receiving the National Merit Finalist, National Merit Semi-Finalist, Regents, Patriot, Patriot Achievement, Presidential or Graduate scholarship are not eligible for additional scholarship funding for the summer semesters.
UT Tyler Scholarship Programs, Online Application Forms
- New Freshman Student Scholarships - New freshmen are not required to complete an online application, as they will automatically be considered for academic scholarships.
- New Transfer Student Scholarships - New transfer students are not required to complete an online application, as they will automatically be considered for academic scholarships.
- Graduate Student Scholarships
- College Scholarships (UT Tyler returning students)
- Talent Scholarships
- Teachers in Excellence Scholarships
- Junior College, Community College, University Employee Scholarships
- Top 10% Scholarship Program
- Professional Nursing Scholarships - This program will not be funded beginning with the 2011-2012 academic year
- Fifth Year Accounting Student Scholarship Program
- Only In America Scholarship Program
Letter of Appreciation
Beginning in fall 2012, a letter of appreciation is required for all academic and talent scholarships. Read more