HUB Policies and Procedures
Office of Financial Services
A. Purpose: It is the policy of UT Tyler to promote full and equal opportunity for all businesses to provide materials, supplies and equipment, as well as construction, professional and other services needed to support the mission, administrative and logistical operations of UT Tyler.
B. Scope: This policy applies to all procurement and contract activities of UT Tyler.
C. Eligibility: Who qualifies to be a Historically Underutilized Business (HUB)?
- a for-profit entity that has not exceeded the size standard prescribed by 34 TAC §20.294, and has its principal place of business in Texas, and
- is at least 51 percent owned by an Asian Pacific American, Black American, Hispanic American, Native American, American woman and/or Service Disabled Veteran, who reside in Texas and actively participate in the control, operations and management of the entity's affairs.
UT Tyler Responsibilities
- Prepare, publicize and distribute information about procurement procedures and policies in a manner designed to encourage minority, women-owned & service disabled veteran small business owners to do business with UT Tyler.
- Maintain updated lists of minority, women-owned & service disabled veteran small businesses through communication with the UT Tyler local minority business community, Statewide Procurement Division through the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts and the Texas Department of Economic Development.
- Ensure, whenever possible, that one or more qualified minority, women-owned & service disabled veteran small businesses are included in solicitations requiring more than one bid or proposal.
- Specify personnel within the office or department to communicate with minority, women-owned & service disabled veteran small businesses to assist such companies in understanding purchasing procedures and to encourage their bidding or submitting proposals on goods and services for which they are qualified.
Match HUB vendors with UT Tyler staff through one-on-one assistance, periodic training and HUB vendor presentations.
- Form a Staff Coordinating Group for HUB Programs.
- Implement and administer a Mentor Protégé Program.