UT Tyler GATE
GATE 2013 Applications are Now Available
GATE applications must be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com. Please note the deadline for application submission is 5 p.m. on April 10, 2013. No applications will be accepted after the deadline.
GATE is a unique program developed specifically for incoming freshmen at UT Tyler. To be considered for admission to the GATE program, students must meet all the qualifications listed below and submit the application by the deadlines published below.
It is important that applicants review and understand all the expectations of a UT Tyler GATE student before beginning the application process. The following sections will familiarize you with the basic components of the GATE program. Also included is information about the qualifications to be admitted into the program as well as the criteria needed to maintain eligibility as a GATE student.
Qualifications & Requirements for Admission:
- Must be officially accepted to UT Tyler
- Submit the GATE application by the published deadline
- Agree to complete all required GATE courses even if the course has been previously completed through Dual Credit, Advanced Placement, or any other college credit
- Complete a phone interview with the GATE Admissions Committee
Application Deadline/Admission Timeline:
- April 10, 2013 Deadline for all GATE applications
- April 15-26, 2013 GATE interviews
- April 30, 2013 Accepted GATE students are notified
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA (semester and cumulative)
- Maintain status as a full-time student at UT Tyler (min. 12 hours/long semester)
- Maintain status as a student in good standing with the University (disciplinary/financially)
- Successfully complete all required GATE courses during the semester they are assigned
- Complete all academic and service requirements of the GATE program
- Maintain residency in Ornelas Residence Hall during the freshman year (if subject to the UT Tyler Residency Policy)
Academic and Service Requirements:
- Successful completion of two GATE approved globally-focused core curriculum courses during each fall and spring semester of the freshman and sophomore years
- Attend GATE orientation prior to the beginning of the freshman year
- Attend New Student Convocation each fall
- Attend at least eight GATE approved globally-focused events each semester
- Complete four journal entries per semester
- Participate in two core curriculum courses taught at the international location the summer after the sophomore year
- A passport is required for international travel.
For more information about the GATE Program please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.