The Graduate School
Experience The UT Tyler Graduate School
You can visit our YouTube channel to browse our collection of videos. If you enjoy a video, be sure to "Like" it and share with your friends!
Graduate Student Video Contest Rules
Showcase your creativity by creating 90-second videos that show the UT Tyler Graduate Student experience from your perspective. The goal is to create authentic videos that show how a UT Tyler graduate education has expanded your horizons – tell us about your graduate program, your professors, your research, the coursework, labs – or any positive message you'd like to share. Use these prompts as a starting point:
- Why did you choose UT Tyler's graduate school?
- What's special about your UT Tyler graduate program?
- What you have learned at UT Tyler?
The Prize: An iPad
The winner will be selected based on creativity, originality, quality, YouTube views and message.
- The contest is open to current UT Tyler Graduate Students who are at least 18 years old.
- Entries must be no longer than 90 seconds.
- Teams are allowed.(but only one prize will be awarded!)
- Make sure any music used is not copyrighted.* For legal free music tracks visit the following site and verify common license use: https://creativecommons.org/legalmusicforvideos
- Multiple entries are allowed (up to five).
- Videos are accepted until April 14.
- Winners will be notified by May 1 via email.
How to Enter
- Review the rules and guidelines.
- Complete the Online Entry Form and Release
- Submit a copy of your video electronically via WeTransfer (https://www.wetransfer.com/) or on DVD or CD to Jessica Miller in ADM 360.
Video Contest Rules
- Videos must be submitted between January 16 - April 15, 2017.
- Do not submit your video before January 16, 2017.
- Submissions are accepted until midnight CST April 14th.
- Videos must be no more than 90 seconds in length.
- Include a title at the beginning before the video starts.
- Include the uttyler.edu/graduate URL
- Be work created or compiled by the person or group entering the video.
- Not contain any credits, company names, logos, trademarks or watermarks.
- Not contain any copyrighted* music or media.
- Not contain any profanity, pornography, slurs or offensive content or images.
- Submit student video talent release forms for each person participating in your video to Jessica Miller in ADM 360 or JessicaMiller@uttyler.edu within 5 business days of entering the contest.
- Provide location releases from owners of recognizable locations.
- Videos without appropriate releases will be disqualified.
- Not contain graphic violence.
- No harm to people, animals or facilities.
- Must enter under one individual's name.
- Full-time employees of UT Tyler are not eligible to enter.
- May not be submitted by a corporation or company.
- UT Tyler reserves the right to use or refuse all content submitted.
- Analytics tracking will be used to ensure the video views are legitimate.
- The winner will be required to submit a completed IRS W-9 Form.
*Copyright is the exclusive right to make copies, license, and otherwise exploit a literary, musical, or artistic work, whether printed, audio, video, digital etc. Works granted such right by law on or after January 1, 1978, are protected for the lifetime of the author or creator and for a period of 50 years after his or her death.