UT Tyler offers several post-baccalaureate certificate programs:
- Principal Certificate
- Superintendent Certificate
- STEP Teacher Certification
- Educational Diagnostician Certificate
- Nursing Education Certificate
- Nurse Practitioner Certificate
- Nursing Administration Certificate
- Organizational Development and Leadership Certificate
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certificate
- Supply Chain Management Certificate
These programs are not part of a degree; however, coursework may be counted toward a degree with the approval of the college in which they are housed. Certificate programs are narrower in their focus than degrees and provide preparation in a specific field. The certificate is not the equivalent of a license or certification required for practice in the professions or to teach. Please check the Certificate Program page for information on financial aid eligibility for certification programs.
How to Apply: Domestic Students
Principal and Superintendent Certificate programs require a master's degree to apply. Applicants for admission to a graduate certificate program at UT Tyler must hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution, complete an online application for graduate studies, and submit official transcripts of post-secondary work. No junior or community college transcripts are required. Applicants must apply through the Graduate website, which requires that you have an email address. View Application Deadlines. All materials submitted in the process of applying to the University become the property of the university and will not be returned to the applicant.
Application instructions for Certificates (Domestic Students)
- Go to The Graduate School home page
- Click on the Apply Now button
- Click the Create Account button
- After filling out your profile and creating a username/password, log in
- Click: Start Application
- Choose “U.S. Graduate”
- if you are unsure which program to choose, please ask your program advisor.
Please Note: To have your application evaluated for admission, you must pay your $40 application fee, submit transcripts, submit any additional materials required by the department, and you must apply by the posted deadline.