New Graduate Student Orientation
Coming to UT Tyler
Thank you for choosing The University of Texas at Tyler for furthering your education. By now you are already familiar with your academic program at UT Tyler, but here are some interesting quick facts you may not know:
- Total Students:
8,862students at campuses in Tyler, Longview, Palestine and Houston.
- Number of Graduate Students: 2187
- Age of Master's Students: Almost 74% are from 25-50 years of age
- Gender of Master's Students: 64% female, 36% male
- Total Minority Master's Level Enrollment: 40%
- Academic Programs: Master's, Nursing Ph.D., Human Resource Development Ph.D., and several Certificates
- Our graduate students publish and present their work in a variety of places
- Our graduate faculty remain active in their disciplines through research, publications, conference presentations, and other scholarly projects, but are also dedicated to teaching
- The Robert R. Muntz Library has over 180,000 books, subscriptions to over 500 print journals, and provides access to over 75,000 ejournals, over 165,000 ebooks, 31 computers and also checks out laptops for use in the library which are available at the Circulation desk.
- We offer campus-wide wireless Internet access
- Read the UT Tyler Magazine and Patriot Talon Newspaper to learn more about our campus, students, and faculty.
- The Herrington Patriot Center is the home of UT Tyler's Recreational Sports Department, and is the focal point of campus life.
- The Cowan Center presents arts and educational programming to benefit academic and student life and to enrich the cultural climate for the East Texas Region
- The Dub and B.J. Riter Millennium Carillon Tower and Plaza is the largest carillon tower in Texas and the 15th largest in America
- The Meadows Gallery showcases works of art created by our own students, faculty, and visiting artists
- Located in between Dallas and Shreveport on more than 200 acres, the Tyler campus is in a beautiful, park-like setting with trees and wildlife (Campus map)
- One of the 15 campuses of the UT System, UT Tyler offers excellence in teaching, research, artistic performance and community service
- Campus tours are available, or you may schedule a guided tour. More information on the Tyler area can be found at the Tyler Chamber of Commerce and here.
- Tyler Transit is an easy and affordable way to get around the city - check out the route map.
As a graduate student, you are bound by the graduate school policies listed in the Graduate Catalog. The Graduate Catalog serves as a reference for questions that may arise during your study. The full current and past catalogs can be found online.
- Expectations for Graduate Students
- Student Forms
- Manual of Policies and Procedures for Student Affairs
- Thesis and Dissertation Information
- UT Tyler Catalog