New Graduate Student Orientation
Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ
- I've just been accepted to the graduate program. What do I need to do?
- I don't know my way around campus.
- I plan to move to Tyler soon. Can I get information on the area?
- What is expected of graduate students at UT Tyler, and where can I find those guidelines?
- How much are my tuition and fees?
- When is the tuition deadline date, and when is my scholarship or financial aid applied to my account?
- I need funding. Do you have any resources to help me?
- What are some phone numbers that I may need?
- How do I get a UT Tyler email address?
- Where can I find the academic calendar?
- Where do I find my deadline dates?
- Where can I find information on the New Teaching/Research Assistant Workshops?
- What are the steps for graduation?
- How do I convert my thesis from Word to PDF?
- How can I view my grades in myUTTyler?
- I applied to the wrong program/want to change programs - what do I do?
- I still have questions - what do I do now?
Schedule a meeting with your advisor to select the courses you’ll take this semester. Make sure your tuition and fees are paid before the deadline to avoid being dropped from your classes. Then you should check out the campus and student services. If you aren't already, you may want to get familiar with the campus and/or Tyler area.
Here's a campus map
Sure; here's the Tyler Chamber of Commerce website.
Here you can find the graduate student expectations, as well as all policies, handbooks, thesis guide and forms.
Scholarship money and financial aid will not be reflected in your myUTTyler balance until funds are dispersed. For disbursement dates and other important information, please visit the Financial Aid Calendar. Deadlines for tuition payment fall close to the disbursement dates, so please check the tuition deadlines.
You can also find external funding info here.
Department phone numbers are listed on each department website. You can also search for the Faculty/Staff directory.
Visit Campus Computing for assistance.
The most up-to-date information will always be found on the Graduate Orientation page. All new TA/RAs and new to UT Tyler adjuncts must attend the first session in person.
If you applied to the wrong program and realize it before you are accepted, email Graduate Admissions from your Patriot account and they can change it for you. Otherwise, you'll need to fill out the Change of Program form.
You can visit these FAQ pages, give us a call at 903.566.7457 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.