New Graduate Student Orientation
About the Graduate School
The Graduate School reports to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs.
The Dean of The Graduate School is responsible for the administration and quality assurance of 32 master's programs, 1 doctoral program, and 5 graduate certificates, as well as coursework used toward the Ph.D. in Educational Human Resource Development awarded by Texas A&M University.
The Graduate School
- Works cooperatively with the Office of Sponsored Research to identify opportunities for student assistantships and fellowships
- Is responsible for assuring the quality presentation of all theses and dissertations
- Maintains the Graduate Student Orientation and The Graduate School websites
- Is located in ADM 336. Graduate ADMISSIONS in in ADM 345. Contact 566-7457 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Dean of The Graduate School
- Sits as an ex officio member of the UT Tyler Graduate Council, which recommends graduate policies and approvals of all new programs, new courses, and course and program changes. The Dean also approves all memberships to the Graduate Faculty.
- Chairs the Graduate Directors Workgroup, composed of all college graduate coordinators. This group is responsible for making recommendations on the implementation of policy and the day-to-day operations of graduate programs and graduate admissions processes.
- Works with Faculty Credentialing
- Works with Graduate Council