Graduate International Student Admissions
Visit 'AM I ELIGIBLE FOR ADMISSION?' to instantly evaluate your profile.
The Admission Process
- Go to The Graduate School home page
- Click on the Apply Now button
- Click the Create Account button
- After filling out your profile and creating a username/password, log in
- Click: Start Application
- Choose "International Graduate"
- Select your chosen program in the program drop down menu
- Select the applicable term of entry
- Continue completing the application
Graduate admission decisions are made by the academic departments. Admission files are forwarded to the academic department for review when they are complete.
Files are considered complete when the following have been received:
- Official transcripts
- International transcript evaluation
- GRE or GMAT scores
- Satisfactory TOEFL or IELTS scores
- Additional departmental requirements, if required
Students can check the status of submitted admission materials in myUTTyler.
Evaluation of admission files may include:
- Academic degrees and records
- Entrance test scores
- Statement of purpose
- Letters of recommendation
- Relevant work experience
- Appropriateness of applicants' goals to the degree program
- Research interests of the program's faculty
Allow up to two weeks for the evaluation of an admission file. Official notification is emailed to applicants within 24 hours of admission decisions. Not all qualified applicants will be admitted.
Newly admitted international students will be issued a UT Tyler Form I-20, Certificate of Eligibility, for F-1 international student status after the required documents for Form I-20 eligibility have been received by the Office of International Programs.