Graduate International Student Admissions
- Must be in valid F-1 status.
- Must have a valid Form I-20 from UT Tyler.
- Must maintain full-time enrollment in fall and spring semesters.
- New students can begin on-campus employment up to 30 days prior to the program start date on the Form I-20.
- No special authorization is required if employment is located on the UT Tyler campus.
- Off-site positions require authorization. See the graduate international student advisor.
- May be a job with the UT Tyler campus.
- May be with an on-campus commercial firm that provides services directly to students. Examples include the UT Tyler bookstore or UT Tyler catering services.
- May be at an off-campus location that is educationally affiliated with UT Tyler. (Note: Special GISAS authorization is required. See the graduate international student advisor for details).
- Must be part-time (1-20 hours each week) during the fall and spring semesters.
- May be full-time (21 or more hours each week) during the summer and other official school breaks.
- A social security number is required to begin employment.