The University of Texas at Tyler
Tyler   •   Longview   •   Palestine
A centerpiece for learning,
culture and natural beauty
Random Image Alt Text

Graduate International Student Admissions

Apply for an F-1 Visa

An F-1 visa is for students who want to study at an accredited US college or university. It is issued by the US Department of State in a US embassy or consulate abroad. A visa does not guarantee entry into the US.  It allows travel to a US port-of-entry to request permission from a US immigration officer to enter the US. An F-1 visa is not renewable while in the US.
Students should become familiar with the F-1 visa requirements in their country and allow plenty of time to prepare their applications. More information is located at, at US embassies/consulates, and at EducationUSA Advising Centers.

 Hear what students say about the F-1 visa application process by viewing the EducationUSA video, “International Students Demystifying the Visa Process”.


Contact for more information.