UT Tyler Department of Health and Kinesiology
Charlotte Thompson, Academic Advisor
Undergraduate Advisor for the following majors:
- BA Health and Kinesiology with Minor in Entrepreneurship
- BS Health Studies – Community and Health Education Track
- BS Health Studies – Health Policy Track
- BS Health Studies - Community and Health Education Track Accelerated 3-Year Program
- BS Kinesiology
- BS Kinesiology – Physical Education Teacher Certification Track
- BS Kinesiology – Athletic Training Track
- BS Kinesiology Accelerated 3-Year Program
Kimberlie Carrell, Academic Advisor
**please see your academic advisor and program advisor
- BS Kinesiology - Athletic Training Program Advising
Andrew Cage, M.Ed., ATC, LAT
Head Athletic Trainer
MS Kinesiology and MEd Health & Kinesiology
Dr. James Schwane
NOTE: Dr. Schwane will do at least initial academic advising. A student may be changed to another faculty member as academic advisor for various reasons, most notably, when working with a faculty member on thesis research.
MS Health Sciences
Students with last name beginning with A-F:
Dr. Cheryl Cooper
Students with last name beginning with G-L:
Dr. Fletcher Njororai
Students with last name beginning with M-Q:
Dr. John Sloan
Students with last name beginning with R-Z:
Dr. William Sorensen
In order to provide the most productive advising for our students we request that each prospective or current student make an appointment. This ensures adequate time for the evaluation of your completed course work.
If you have not been accepted to UT Tyler or have not turned in all transcripts, please bring your transcripts with you to your appointment(s).
Resources for Students
To make the registration process clearer and assist you with questions on admissions, registration, payment, and financial aid, please see the valuable information available on our website.
A few pages you should be familiar with:
- Registration Tutorials - Our Registrar's Office provides valuable information on how to register for classes. In addition, this tutorial will familiarize you with your Student Center in "myUTTyler."
- Office of the Registrar – Forms Library
- The online Semester Brochure
- Financial Aid
- The Cashier's Office for payment due dates and payment options.
- If you are applying for graduation within the coming academic year, check out our valuable information on dates and deadlines.