UT Tyler Department of Health and Kinesiology
Charlotte Thompson, Academic Advisor
Undergraduate Advisor for the following majors:
- BA Health and Kinesiology with Minor in Entrepreneurship
- BS Health Studies – Community and Health Education Track
- BS Health Studies – Health Policy Track
- BS Health Studies - Community and Health Education Track Accelerated 3-Year Program
- BS Kinesiology
- BS Kinesiology – Physical Education Teacher Certification Track
- BS Kinesiology – Athletic Training Track
- BS Kinesiology Accelerated 3-Year Program
For general advising questions or information on degree options and transferring in please email email@example.com. To set up an appointment, please see the online schedulers next to each advisor’s name.
For all incoming students from Spring 2016 forward: Pick your advisor based on the first letter of your last name. Last names starting with letters A-L please see Leandra Phillips. Last names starting with M-Z please see Kimberlie Carrell.
Kimberlie Carrell, Academic Advisor
Leandra Phillips, Academic Advisor
**please see your academic advisor and program advisor
- BS Kinesiology - Athletic Training Program Advising
Andrew Cage, M.Ed., ATC, LAT
Head Athletic Trainer
MS Kinesiology and MEd Health & Kinesiology
Dr. Scott Spier
MS Health Sciences
Dr. William Sorensen
In order to provide the most productive advising for our students we request that each prospective or current student make an appointment. This ensures adequate time for the evaluation of your completed course work.
If you have not been accepted to UT Tyler or have not turned in all transcripts, please bring your transcripts with you to your appointment(s).
Resources for Students
To make the registration process clearer and assist you with questions on admissions, registration, payment, and financial aid, please see the valuable information available on our website.
A few pages you should be familiar with:
- Registration Tutorials - Our Registrar's Office provides valuable information on how to register for classes. In addition, this tutorial will familiarize you with your Student Center in "myUTTyler."
- Office of the Registrar – Forms Library
- The online Semester Brochure
- Financial Aid
- The Cashier's Office for payment due dates and payment options.
- If you are applying for graduation within the coming academic year, check out our valuable information on dates and deadlines.