Bachelor of Science in Health Studies
Total Semester Credit Hours = 120
The mission of the B.S. Degree Program in Health Studies is to prepare students for professional careers or advanced studies in health-related fields.
This program provides graduates with an understanding of a wide range of health related topics, including
- diseases and their causes
- risk factors and prevention
- the system of health care delivery in the U.S.
- and health promotion and health education in the broadest sense.
This program may be used
- to prepare for or to advance careers related to health care and health promotion in various public and private, clinical and non-clinical settings
- to prepare for graduate or professional studies in areas such as public health, physical therapy, clinical exercise physiology, and medicine
- to prepare for Texas State certification to teach health at all levels from Early Childhood to Grade 12