UT Tyler Honors Program
Applying as a Current Student
Current UT Tyler students have the opportunity to enter the Honors Program for a two-year commitment that focuses on expanding major-specific coursework and offers the opportunity to pursue individual research.
In the first year, the students will contract with faculty members in upper-division courses within their major to complete additional work. Contracts may include an additional project, additional readings, additional meetings with a faculty member, additional research time in the faculty member's lab, etc.
In the second year, the students will investigate a research question in the fall and spring semesters, and compose either a paper for submission to an undergraduate research journal or a poster for presentation at an undergraduate research conference. Please refer to the Contract Course and Senior Research Project pages for more information.
In order to apply to the Honors Program, current students must:
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher.
- Completed at least three semesters at UT Tyler.
- Submit a completed application form.
- Submit a statement of academic and career goals.
- Provide at least two letters of recommendation. One letter of recommendation must be from a UT Tyler faculty member in student's major.