Your First Day
- New Employee Orientation — Your supervisor will schedule an orientation session for you within your first week of work.
- Employee ID Card — After New Employee Orientation, please visit Enrollment Services aka "The One Stop Shop" on the second floor of the Administration Building in order to obtain an employee ID. Visit stations 1, 2 or 3 and bypass signing in at the kiosk.
- Payroll Information — Sign in to Employee Self Service using your uttyler.edu email address and password to make your W-4 election and set up Direct Deposit information. The default W-4 tax deduction is "Single" and "0".
- Employment Eligibility Verification* — You must complete your I-9 form within three days of your hire date. You will be required to present original documents to Human Resources from the List of Acceptable Documents. Information from your documents will be submitted to the federal E-Verify system for verification.
- Criminal Background Check Request — You should have received an email requesting authorization to conduct a background check.
- Smoke and Tobacco-Free Policy — The use of tobacco products as well as smoking or use of any smoking device by students, faculty, staff and visitors is prohibited at all times on campus. All employees are responsible for complying with the University Smoke and Tobacco Free policy.
- Drug-Free Workplace — The unlawful manufacture, distribution, possession or use of a controlled substance in or on any premises or property owned or controlled by UT Tyler is prohibited. All employees are responsible for complying with the Drug-Free University Community and Workplace Policy.
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) — Review the Confidentiality Compliance Statement for Student Records and FERPA site.
- Employment Discrimination Laws — Please review the summary of federal laws that prohibit employment discrimination.
- Health Insurance Marketplace Notice — This notice, required by the Affordable Care Act, discusses your option to shop in the marketplace for health insurance.
- Title IX - UT Tyler is committed to the principle that the university's learning and working environment be free from inappropriate conduct of a sexual nature. Sexual harassment in any form will not be tolerated, and individuals who engage in such conduct will be subjected to disciplinary action. For more information please review our Title IX site, related policies, and the Sexual Harassment Prevention Resource.
Your First Week
- Insurance Coverage — You must make your insurance elections online during your Initial Benefits Enrollment period, which is the first 31 calendar days of employment. An email with enrollment instructions will be sent to your uttyler.edu email address during your first week of employment. If you do not receive this email or have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Compliance Training — Human Resources will notify you when you are able to begin the required compliance training through Canvas. This training must be completed within 30 days of hire.
- Keys - Pick up your key(s) at the Physical Plant. Be sure to take your UT Tyler employee ID or driver's license with you.
- Parking Permit — Parking permits are available at UT Tyler Police Department at 3410 Varsity Drive. Parking permit fees may be payroll deducted.
- Prior State Service — If you have worked for any other State of Texas agency, please complete a Transfer of State Service Form and email to email@example.com.
- Safety Training — If your position warrants specific safety training, you will be contacted by Environmental Health & Safety. All employees should review the Required Safety Training Notification and Campus Emergency Guidelines provided by EH&S through their website.
- Clery Act — UT Tyler is committed to assisting all members of the UT Tyler community in providing for their own safety and security. Information regarding campus security and personal safety is available on the UT Tyler Police Department website.
Your First Month
- Insurance Coverage — Review the New Employee Benefits Enrollment Checklist and make your elections online within the first 31 calendar days of your employment. If you do not make elections and you are a full-time employee, you will default to Basic Coverage only. If you are a part-time benefits eligible employee, you will forfeit insurance coverage altogether if elections are not made.
- Compliance Training — Complete your compliance training through Blackboard within 60 days of notification from Human Resources.