General Security Information
UT Tyler Office of Information Security
Data Ownership Training
- Data Ownership Responsibilities & Procedures (Powerpoint)
Claiming Login Credentials
- New users may claim their login credentials by going to Bus 101 and presenting a picture ID
Password reset self-service (Mypassword)
Gives users the ability to set up self-service reset questions which will allow the user to reset their own passwords for the following resources:
- INFO domain (Windows office & classroom computers)
- Exchange email
- Users must answer four delivered questions and then provide two questions that they create themselves.
- Gives Macintosh users the ability to reset their Windows passwords at any time.
- Password resets are no longer done via email and only over the phone when the identity of the person can be verified.
- Password reset questions preset by the users in mypassword.uttyler.edu are used to perform password resets over the phone.
- Users are encouraged to lock their workstations when they leave them unattended.
- To lock a windows workstation:
- CTRL + ALT + DELETE (simultaneously)
- Lock computer
- To unlock your computer, press CTRL + ALT + DELETE (simultaneously)
- Enter login credentials
The University of Texas at Tyler
3900 University Blvd.
Tyler, Tx 75799