Skype for Business for Employees
What is Skype for Business
Microsoft Skype for Business is a communication platform that allows you to interact with your contacts. It incorporates voice calls, video calls, Instant Messaging, online meetings (up to 250 participants), and screen sharing in one solution.
Skype for Business is already installed on the university computers and laptops. To install it on your personal devices, check out Office 365 ProPlus for Employees.
- Instant messaging (IM), voice call or video call options
- Integration with Microsoft Outlook makes it easy to contact other UT Tyler faculty and staff
- Quickly check contact availability – presence indicator shows if they are available, in a meeting or away from their desk
- Schedule online meetings for up to 250 participants —even if they don’t have Skype for Business
- Transfer and share files with simple drag and drop
- Hold impromptu video meetings started with the click of a button
- Present and share your screen i.e. PowerPoint presentation, whiteboard or your entire desktop during an online meeting
Platforms: Skype for Business can be used on PCs, tablets, smartphones and Macs (Lync)
Please see the user guide for detailed instructions: