DirectAccess allows connectivity for remote users to UT Tyler's network resources,
such as Shared Drives, P drive, etc.
How to Connect to DirectAccess:
Click on the wireless icon to view additional Internet access options
Select UT Tyler DirectAccess Connection
A new window will open > click on Action Needed to view more instructions
DirectAccess lets you know that you need to sign in > click Continue
Windows Security pop-up will notify you to enter your credentials > click OK
Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete on your keyboard to continue
After you press Ctrl+Alt+Delete, the screen will go black with the exception of the DirectAccess screen requesting a One-time password.
- Have your cell phone ready because you will be asked to authenticate with DUO
- For the One-time password, you must type the word push (as seen in the image below). As you type, you will only see asterisk symbol (^) and not the word "push" > click OK
You will receive a notification from DUO on your phone > press Approve
You can check if you are successfully connected to DirectAccess by clicking again on the wireless icon. You will then see:
NOTE: If you are having issues connecting to DirectAccess, sometimes simply restarting the computer can resolve the problem.
How to Disconnect from DirectAccess:
- Click on the wireless icon
- Select UT Tyler DirectAccess Connection Connected
- In the new window, click on UT Tyler DirectAccess Connection Connected to view more options
- Click Disconnect