UT Tyler Department of Literature and Languages
Career Opportunities for English Majors and Minors.
As a college graduate in English, you will be a great writer on all occasions; you will become a critical reader who can identify, articulate, and analyze problems. With an English degree from UT Tyler, your career choices are abundant. For example:
- You can work for businesses that need college graduates with mature writing and analytical skills;
- You can join college administrative personnel; • You can move on to law school (Students’ testimonies);
- You can move on to advanced English programs and teach in college;
- You can move on to advanced non-English programs to become professors or researchers;
- You can work as an editor for publishers, magazines, or media;
- You can work as a school teacher;
- You can work for the federal or state government; and more...