Longview University Center
Multi-faceted Training Offers a Management Advantage!
A bachelor’s degree from The University of Texas at Tyler in industrial technology prepares students for a wide variety of management oriented technical professions.
Industrial technology (applied engineering) is a field of study concerned with the application of basic engineering principles and technical skills in support of industrial engineers and managers. Industrial technology programs typically include instruction in optimization theory, human factors, organizational behavior, industrial processes, industrial planning procedures, computer applications, and report and presentation preparation.
Graduates find positions as a plant manager, inventory manager, technical sales representative, production supervisor, procurement manager, project engineer, safety manager and industrial engineer.
- Nearly 100% of graduates find jobs in the industrial technology field immediately following graduation or are accepted to graduate school.
- Graduates are employed with leading companies in East Texas and across the United States such as Trane Inc., AAON, Inc., Chicago Bridge and Iron, Chevron, Lockheed Martin and Eastman Chemical.
- Over 95% of the program’s majors pass the ATMAE Certified Manufacturing Specialist exam on their first attempt.
- An embedded minor in business administration gives students basic management, accounting, finance and marketing skills.
- Majors earn FANUC robotics certifications and OSHA 30 hour – General Industry Certifications.
- Students receive practical experience working with the CAD system, state-of-the-art computer technology, CNC milling machines and metal lathes to create prototypes and participate in other projects.
- Internships at regional companies help our students better understand workplace operations. Internships have led to job offers for about 80% of students who intern.
Prospective students should call 903.663.8102 or 903.566.7363 to discuss program requirements and the registration process with an on-site advisor. Information is also available upon request by emailing email@example.com. Additional information is also available at the Department of Industrial Technology.
If you are a high school student, or the parent of a high school student, check out our Roadmap to Success partnerships with area community colleges. They will help students to begin preparing to successfully complete our programs while they are still in high school.