UT Tyler Department of Mechanical Engineering
Sara E. McCaslin
Department: Department of Mechanical Engineering
Building: RBN 1013
- AA, Engineering Tyler Junior College 1998
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering The University of Texas at Tyler 2000
- M.S., Computer Science The University of Texas at Tyler 2002
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering The University of Texas at Arlington 2008
- Finite Element Analysis
- Knowledge Discovery from Databases
- Composites; Engineering Software
- Applications of Artificial Intelligence
Dr. Sara McCaslin received a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Texas at Tyler in 2000, and a Master of Science in Computer Science in 2002. Her specialization in computer science was in the area of artificial intelligence with emphasis in knowledge discovery. Her graduate work in this area has led to co-authorship on conference papers that apply knowledge discovery to remote sensing and satellite images, as well as a book chapter on data mining.
In 2008, Dr. McCaslin received a Ph.D. in mechanical engineering from the University of Texas at Arlington. She specialized in solid mechanics, and did her dissertation in the area of finite element analysis with a focus on developing closed-form solutions to higher order tetrahedral elements. In addition, she developed an algorithm for reducing the size of large source code files resulting from the closed-form solutions.