Mechanical Engineering Bachelor of Science Degree
Mechanical Engineering students at the time of graduation are expected to:
- be able to apply science, mathematics, and modern engineering tools and techniques to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- be able to design thermal/fluid, mechanical, and electro-mechanical components or systems, individually or on interdisciplinary teams, and effectively communicate those designs in both technical and non-technical forums
- be able to collect, analyze, and interpret data from prescribed and self-designed experimental procedures and formally communicate the results
- be able to apply a broad-based educational experience to understand the interaction of engineering solutions with contemporary business, economic, and social issues
- recognize that ethical behavior and continuous acquisition of knowledge are fundamental attributes of successful mechanical engineering professionals
- pass the Fundamentals of Engineering examination.