U Tyler Office of Marketing and Communications
UT Tyler to Hold Spring 2012 Commencement
March 9, 2012
Public Affairs Specialist
Marketing and Communications
The University of Texas at Tyler
903.565.5769 or 903.539.7196 (cell)
The University of Texas at Tyler will hold spring 2012 commencement ceremonies May 11 and 12, President Rodney H. Mabry announced.
Eight hundred forty two degree candidates will be recognized in the UT Tyler R. Don Cowan Fine and Performing Arts Center.
The commencement schedule is:
- College of Nursing and Health Sciences – 3 p.m. May 11;
- College of Arts and Sciences – 6 p.m. May 11;
- College of Business and Technology – 10 a.m. May 12; and
- Colleges of Education and Psychology and Engineering and Computer Science – 1 p.m. May 12
Commencement speakers and the ceremonies during which they will speak are:
- Dr. Kirk Calhoun, UT Health Science Center at Tyler president – Colleges of Nursing and Health Sciences and Arts and Sciences
- Todd Staples, Texas Department of Agriculture commissioner – Colleges of Business and Technology, Education and Psychology and Engineering and Computer Science
President Mabry will give remarks. Dr. Donna Dickerson, interim provost and vice president for academic affairs, will present and certify doctoral degree candidates.
Presentation and certification of master’s and baccalaureate degree candidates will be made by the deans of each of the university’s colleges: Dr. Martin Slann, Arts and Sciences; Dr. Harold Doty, Business and Technology; Dr. William Geiger, Education and Psychology; Dr. James Nelson, Engineering and Computer Science; and Dr. Linda Klotz, Nursing and Health Sciences.
UT Tyler alumni representatives Steve McNeely, partner with McNeely and McNeely, CPAs – Hawkins, and Shane McGuire, Partner with Starr Schoenbrun Comte McGuire Law Firm – Tyler, will give alumni association presentations.One of the 15 campuses of the UT System, UT Tyler offers excellence in teaching, research, artistic performance and community service. More than 80 undergraduate and graduate degree programs are available at UT Tyler, which has an enrollment of almost 7,000 high-ability students at its campuses in Tyler, Longview and Palestine.