UT Tyler Office of Marketing and Communications
UT Tyler to Hold Fall 2012 Commencement
December 12, 2012
Public Affairs Specialist
Marketing and Communications
The University of Texas at Tyler
903.565.5769 or 903.539.7196 (cell)
The University of Texas at Tyler will hold fall 2012 commencement ceremonies Dec. 14 and 15, President Rodney H. Mabry announced.
Eight hundred sixty three degree candidates will be recognized in the UT Tyler R. Don Cowan Fine and Performing Arts Center.
The commencement schedule is:
- College of Nursing and Health Sciences – 3 p.m. Dec. 14
- College of Arts and Sciences – 6 p.m. Dec. 14
- College of Business and Technology – 10 a.m. Dec. 15
- Colleges of Education and Psychology and Engineering and Computer Science – 1 p.m. Dec. 15
Commencement speakers and the ceremonies during which they will speak are:
- Dr. James H. Stewart Jr., UT Tyler Founding President Emeritus – Colleges of Nursing and Health Sciences and Arts and Sciences
- Rep. David Simpson, Texas House of Representatives member, District 7 – Colleges of Business and Technology, Education and Psychology and Engineering and Computer Science
President Mabry will give remarks. Dr. Donna Dickerson, associate vice president for academic affairs, will present and certify doctoral degree candidates.
Presentation and certification of master’s and baccalaureate degree candidates will be made by the deans of each of the university’s colleges: Dr. Martin Slann, Arts and Sciences; Dr. Harold Doty, Business and Technology; Dr. Ross Sherman, Education and Psychology; Dr. James Nelson, Engineering and Computer Science; and Dr. Scott Marzilli, Nursing and Health Sciences.
UT Tyler alumni representatives Dr. Travis G. Heaton, dentist with Kinsey Drive Dental – Tyler, and Rosemary Sage Jones, partner with Ramey & Flock, PC – Tyler, will give alumni association presentations.One of the 15 campuses of the UT System, UT Tyler offers excellence in teaching, research, artistic performance and community service. More than 80 undergraduate and graduate degree programs are available at UT Tyler, which has an enrollment of almost 7,000 high-ability students at its campuses in Tyler, Longview and Palestine.