UT Tyler Office of Marketing and Communications
UT Tyler to Hold Spring 2013 CommencementFollow @UTTylerTweet
May 9, 2013
Media Contact: Hannah Buchanan
Public Affairs Specialist
Marketing and Communications
The University of Texas at Tyler
903.565.5769 or 903.539.7196 (cell)
May 9, 2013
The University of Texas at Tyler will hold spring 2013 commencement ceremonies May 10 and 11, President Rodney H. Mabry announced.
Eight hundred thirty six degree candidates will be recognized in the UT Tyler R. Don Cowan Fine and Performing Arts Center.
The commencement schedule is:
- College of Nursing and Health Sciences – 3 p.m. May 10
- College of Arts and Sciences – 6 p.m. May 10
- College of Business and Technology – 10 a.m. May 11
- Colleges of Education and Psychology and Engineering and Computer Science – 1 p.m. May 11
Commencement speakers and the ceremonies during which they will speak are:
- Dr. Kenneth I. Shine, Executive Vice Chancellor for Health Affairs, UT System Office of Health Affairs – Colleges of Nursing and Health Sciences and Arts and Sciences
- Regent Brenda Pejovich, Office of the Board of Regents, UT System – Colleges of Business and Technology, Education and Psychology and Engineering and Computer Science
President Mabry will give remarks. Dr. Alisa White, provost and senior vice president for academic affairs, will present and certify doctoral degree candidates.
Presentation and certification of master’s and baccalaureate degree candidates will be made by the deans of each of the university’s colleges: Dr. Martin Slann, Arts and Sciences; Dr. Harold Doty, Business and Technology; Dr. Ross Sherman, Education and Psychology; Dr. James Nelson, Engineering and Computer Science; and Dr. Pam Martin, Nursing and Health Sciences.
UT Tyler alumni representatives Lt. Teri Currington, emergency services director at East Texas Medical Center – Gilmer, and Mary Elizabeth Jackson, Trinity Mother Frances Health System Foundation’s executive director, will give alumni association presentations.
One of the 15 campuses of the UT System, UT Tyler offers excellence in teaching, research, artistic performance and community service. More than 80 undergraduate and graduate degree programs are available at UT Tyler, which has an enrollment of almost 7,000 high-ability students at its campuses in Tyler, Longview and Palestine.