UT Tyler Office of Marketing and Communications
UT Tyler Cowan Center Announces 2013-14 Season Featuring Dance Theatre of Harlem, Cirque Dreams Rocks and Charles Krauthammer
May 22, 2013
Marketing and Communications
The University of Texas at Tyler
903.566.7303 or 903.330.0495 (cell)
The 17th season of The University of Texas at Tyler R. Don Cowan Fine and Performing Arts Center will feature world-renowned performances and speakers, Susan Thomae-Morphew, Cowan Center executive director, announced.
The season, titled “Enjoy Every Moment,” features a wide variety of entertainment. All events are performed at the UT Tyler Cowan Center Vaughn Auditorium, located on the UT Tyler campus.
New season subscriptions are on sale now at the UT Tyler Cowan Center box office by calling 903.566.7424 or online at www.cowancenter.org. Box office hours are 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The deadline to purchase season tickets is Aug. 5, 2013.
“The experience of a live performance is the stuff memories are made of – thrilling, dramatic, enticing, inspiring, breathtaking and hilarious. Each moment of our new season is an experience all its own, and we invite you to make memories with the millions of moments that are waiting for you this season at the UT Tyler Cowan Center. Subscribe today and enjoy each and every one of them,” Thomae-Morphew said.
This season offers four subscription series with the Performing Arts Series, Broadway Series, Braithwaite Intimate Gatherings Series and the Distinguished Lecture Series. This year’s Special Events include “Menopause The Musical” on Sept. 25 and “Beyond Glory” on Nov. 2.
“Buying season tickets is the only way to assure patrons of getting the best seats at the lowest price. In addition, our subscribers become part of our Cowan Center family with their loyal attendance. We hope everyone will consider subscribing to one, two or all of our series,” said Thomae-Morphew.
Performing Arts Series – Season packages prices are $89 - $229.
- Cirque Dreams Rocks, Sept. 16
- “Temptation of the Muses” with The Ahn Trio and Nai-Ni Chen Dance Company, Nov. 14
- Dance Theatre of Harlem performing “Believe Again,” Jan. 23
- “Godspell,” March 3
Broadway Series – Season package prices are $87 - $182.
- 2010 Tony-award winner for Best Musical, “Memphis,” Nov. 21
- Million Dollar Quartet, Feb. 13
- smash-hit musical comedy for the entire family, “The Addams Family,” April 4
Braithwaite Intimate Gatherings Series – Season packages prices are $83 - $155.
- “Deer Camp:The Musical,” Oct. 29
- The Official Brothers™ Revue, Feb. 20
- sitcom star Jim Belushi and the Chicago Board of Comedy, April 11
Distinguished Lecture Series – Season packages prices are $31 - $49.
- Dr. Carl Edwinn Wieman discussing “how advances in research on learning can dramatically improve science and engineering education,” Sept. 5
- Pulitzer-Prize winning columnist and Fox News contributor Charles Krauthammer, Feb. 4
Arts in Education Series –
- “Temptation of the Muses” with The Ahn Trio and Nai-Ni Chen Dance Company (abbreviated performance) for fourth through 12th grade, Nov. 15
- “Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day” for kindergarten through third grade, April 3
School groups interested in the Arts in Education Series should call the UT Tyler Cowan Center box office, 903.566.7424, for order forms.
For more information about the 2013 – 14 season, visit www.cowancenter.org.
One of the 15 campuses of the UT System, UT Tyler offers excellence in teaching, research, artistic performance and community service. More than 80 undergraduate and graduate degrees are available at UT Tyler, which has an enrollment of almost 7,000 high-ability students at its campuses in Tyler, Longview and Palestine.