UT Tyler Office of Marketing and Communications
UT Tyler to Hold Spring 2014 Commencement
May 7, 2014
Public Affairs Specialist
Marketing and Communications
The University of Texas at Tyler
903.565.5769 or 903.539.7196 (cell)
The University of Texas at Tyler will hold spring 2014 commencement ceremonies May 9 and 10, President Rodney H. Mabry announced.
Seven hundred fifty six degree candidates will be recognized in the UT Tyler R. Don Cowan Fine and Performing Arts Center.
The commencement schedule is:
- College of Nursing and Health Sciences – 3 p.m. May 9
- College of Arts and Sciences – 6 p.m. May 9
- College of Business and Technology – 10 a.m. May 10
- Colleges of Education and Psychology and Engineering and Computer Science – 1 p.m. May 10
Commencement speakers and the ceremonies during which they will speak are:
- Richard Lee, East Texas Symphony Orchestra director and conductor – Colleges of Nursing and Health Sciences and Arts and Sciences
- Dr. Howard Y. Patterson, UT Tyler vice president for student affairs – Colleges of Business and Technology, Education and Psychology and Engineering and Computer Science
President Mabry will give remarks. Dr. Alisa White, provost and senior vice president for academic affairs, will present and certify doctoral degree candidates.
Presentation and certification of master’s and baccalaureate degree candidates will be made by the deans of each of the university’s colleges: Dr. Martin Slann, Arts and Sciences; Dr. Jerry Gilley, Business and Technology; Dr. Ross Sherman, Education and Psychology; Dr. James Nelson, Engineering and Computer Science; and Dr. Pam Martin, Nursing and Health Sciences.
Brittany Childs, UT Tyler director of alumni relations, will give alumni association presentations.
One of the 15 campuses of the UT System, UT Tyler features excellence in teaching, research, artistic performance and community service. More than 80 undergraduate and graduate degrees are available at UT Tyler, which has an enrollment of more than 7,500 high-ability students. UT Tyler offers courses at its campuses in Tyler, Longview and Palestine as well as a location in Houston.