College of Nursing and Health Sciences
Clinical Laboratory Sciences
Now students in East Texas are able to earn a Bachelor of Science degree in Clinical Laboratory Science without traveling across the state. The Clinical Laboratory Science/Medical Technology program at UT Tyler is a collaborative program with the University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB) in Galveston.
About the UTMB/UT Tyler Collaborative CLS Program
- Junior and senior-level lectures from the University of Texas Medical Branch are presented in UT Tyler classrooms via a combination of interactive television, streaming video, and Blackboard.
- Laboratory sessions are scheduled on the UT Tyler and Tyler Junior College campuses and in other local laboratories.
- Clinical (in-hospital) preceptorships are included in the program and are assigned in hospitals and labs in Tyler, Longview, Palestine, and Nacogdoches.
- Full-time or part-time degree plans
- Graduates will be immediately eligible for the national certification exams for MT/CLS/MLS.
- Graduates of NAACLS accredited Medical Laboratory Technician programs (MLT) are waived 21 credit hours in recognition of prior education.
- LEAP program available for working MLT's.
Applicants should apply for the program at the UTMB School of Health Professions, Department of Clinical Laboratory Sciences.
Applications are accepted until July 1 for the following fall semester class.
Request More InformationMarla Stevenson, MT (ASCP)
Clinical Coordinator, CLS Program
Office - HPC 1270 D
Email: Marla Stevenson