College of Nursing and Health Sciences
UT Tyler Clinical Laboratory Sciences
To enter the Clinical Laboratory Sciences Program at UTMB, a student must complete a minimum of 60 semester credit hours of preparatory coursework.
- English Composition and Literature 9
- United States History 6
- United States / Texas State Government 6
- Biological Sciences 8
- General Microbiology 4
- General Chemistry 8
- Human Physiology 3
- Mathematics 3
- Social / Behavioral Sciences 3
- Humanities 3
- Visual or Performing Arts 3
- Electives 4
Total Prerequisite Credit Hours 60
- Biology and chemistry science courses must be for science majors and include labs.
- The mathematics course must be college algebra or higher.
- Students are strongly encouraged to take courses in genetics and statistics to satisfy their elective prerequisites.
- A grade of 'C' or higher is required to satisfy any prerequisite.