UT Tyler School of Nursing
GRE Fee Reduction Certificate
To be eligible for a Fee Reduction Certificate, an applicant must be:
- A U.S. citizen or resident alien
- A college senior receiving financial aid through an undergraduate college in the U.S., U.S. Territories or Puerto Rico, or a returning unenrolled graduate who has applied for financial aid,
- A dependent college senior whose Student Aid Report (SAR) shows a parental contribution of not more than $1,400 for the senior year,
- A self-supporting college senior whose SAR shows a contribution of not more than $1,800 for the senior year,
- An unenrolled college graduate whose SAR indicates self-supporting status and a contribution of not more than $1,800.
The applicant must mail in the original Fee Reduction Certificate, payment equivalent to 50% of the full test fee ($80 for the revised General Test; $70 for a Subject Test), and page of one of the SAR showing the applicant's estimated family contribution with the appropriate registration materials. Any applicant who is planning to register for the revised General Test and Subject Test should mail all registration materials together in one envelope.
Under no circumstances should an applicant be issued multiple Fee Reduction Certificates. Applicants who register but fail to appear on the test date, have lost or misplaced the certificate, or wish to repeat a test should not be issued another Fee Reduction Certificate.
Fee Reduction Certificates cannot be combined with other offers
The GRE Fee Reduction Program is funded by income from the GRE test fees. The GRE Program incurs a cost for every test appointment scheduled or test registration received. Students should not schedule a test appointment or register for a test unless they are certain they will be able to attend the test session. The long-range viability of the Fee Reduction Program depends upon effective stewardship of this program.
To verify eligibility or to pick up the GRE Fee Reduction Certificate, students should contact the Enrollment Services Center in ADM 230 or email@example.com.
Additional information is available on the official GRE Fee Reduction Program website.