UT Tyler School of Nursing
PhD in Nursing
The University of Texas at Tyler School of Nursing online PhD program offers doctoral education to those who have limited access to doctoral education.
Earn Your PhD Degree Entirely Online
- The doctorate in nursing degree is offered entirely online with the exception of a five-day orientation each summer prior to beginning course work. Students begin course work in the summer.
Community Focused Nursing Degree
- Focus on health in communities within the context of culture.
- Unique among doctoral programs in Texas and the United States.
- Built on a model of strengths.
- Enables nurses to study in the communities in which they reside.
- Prepares students to serve as nurse leaders and researchers who impact health locally and translate research findings globally.
Hear from our Students
- Curriculum and Learning Outcomes
- 18 Characteristics of Doctoral Programs
- NEXus - Nursing Education Exchange
- UT Tyler Catalog with Course Descriptions
- PhD Course Rotation