UT Tyler PhD in Nursing
Expand your doctoral course selections/options through NEXus!
The University of Texas at Tyler Graduate Nursing is a member of NEXus (The Nursing Education Xchange). NEXus is collaboration between participating doctoral programs in nursing that allows doctoral students enrolled at member colleges and universities to take courses that may not be offered at his/her home institution for a common price. Our NEXus liaison, RaeJean Griffin, facilitates the registration and transcription of these courses from partner institutions.
The current rate for a NEXus course is $775.00 per semester credit and is adjusted to $517.00 per quarter credit. This fee is intended to cover all associated university fees such as technology, library, or application fees. As with all courses, you are responsible for the cost of your books and educational materials.
NEXus courses may qualify for financial aid. If you are receiving aid and plan on taking a NEXus course, please contact financial aid to complete and route a consortium agreement.
- Go to www.applytexas.org
- After creating a username/password and filling out your profile, log in and
- Select: Start a New Application
- Select: Create a new graduate school admissions application
- Target University: University of Texas at Tyler
- Application Type: Graduate US
- Semester of Entry: select appropriate semester
- Select: continue
- Under GRADUATE - Office of Graduate Studies, select your major: No Degree Sought (Graduate)
- On Page 2, Question 3, select NEXus Nursing from the drop down box
- Select Pay by Check when prompted for payment (fee will be waived)
You (the student) are responsible for meeting the registration and payment deadlines of the institution that is offering the course. In most cases, this will not coincide with UT Tyler's calendar so advanced planning financially and academically is critical. Visit http://www.winnexus.org/ for a complete list of registration deadlines.
- Students are encouraged to contact the course faculty in advance to ensure that they understand the course requirements (for example, prerequisite courses, vacation periods, on-campus requirements, technology requirements, synchronous versus asynchronous discussions).
For assistance in registering for and enrolling in a NEXus course contact:
Visit http://winnexus.org for additional course information, registration deadlines and dates.