UT Tyler Undergraduate Nursing
BSN Admission Criteria and Deadlines
Applications are accepted twice a year for the BSN program
- Deadlines to apply to nursing program: Fall –February 15th / Spring – September 15th
- You must have full admission to UT Tyler. This does not guarantee admission to the BSN program. If accepted to UT Tyler, you will receive a letter of acceptance to the pre-nursing program only.
- Must possess a minimum of 2.75 on both the prerequisite and the nursing prerequisite GPAs.
- All applicants are required to complete the Junior Year Prerequisites before starting the program
- Nurs 3205 Nursing Concepts and Theories
- Nurs 3303 Pathophysiology before starting
- All four required sciences courses must be complete before students are eligible to complete the junior year prerequisite courses
- Applicants must be within 15 hours of completing all required prerequisite courses to apply to the program. All core curriculum and nursing prerequisite courses must be complete before the start date of the nursing program.
Important Application Information
Nursing Application: We are currently moving to a new application system and will start accepting applications again shortly. We will no longer accept paper applications as the process will be online.
- The Test of Essential Academic Skills is required
- Must be version V (5.0 or higher).
- Earlier versions will not be accepted.
- A minimum score of 72% on the reading is required.
- 64% math score is required to be considered for admission.
- Re-takes are not permitted.
- The Nursing application must be on file before you submit TEAS test scores.
- Tuition and Fees for UT Tyler