International Student, Scholar & Faculty Services
UT-SHIP/International Insurance FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I have not yet received my UT-SHIP insurance ID card, but need it for an upcoming
medical appointment. What other proof of insurance may I obtain to present to my healthcare
A: You may obtain your temporary insurance ID card online to present to your healthcare provider by following these steps:
- Find your UT-SHIP Identification (ID) and Group numbers. You'll need to provide your 10-digit UT Tyler student ID and date of birth for verification.
- If you're a first-time enrollee to UT-SHIP, register your UT-SHIP Blue Access Member (BAM) account.
- Log-in to BAM account.
- Print your temporary ID card or download it to your mobile device. You may also download the BAM mobile app to save the digital version of your original insurance ID card.
Q: I have a concern/issue not addressed in these insurance pages and FAQs. Whom do
A: Please email the International Insurance Advisor a description of your concern/issue. So that you receive the most efficient help, include the following information in your initial email:
- UT Tyler student ID.
- Date of birth.
- Whether you are a first-time or continuing/former UT-SHIP member.
- If a first-time UT-SHIP enrollee, whether you've started your first semester at UT Tyler yet.