Office of International Programs
Receive a Form I-20
How can I receive a UT Tyler Form I-20?
A Form I-20, Certificate of Eligibility for F-1 status, (I-20) is an official US government document. A Form I-20 is required to obtain an F-1 visa and to maintain F-1 status while in the US. It is issued by each university or college in the US that admits international students.
To be eligible for a UT Tyler Form I-20, students must:
- Be admitted to a UT Tyler academic degree program or the Intensive English Language Institute (IELI)
- Submit proof of financial support equivalent to annual cost of tuition and estimated
expenses as outlined on the UT Tyler Certification of Financial Responsibility form.
Acceptable forms of financial support include:
- Bank statement on bank letterhead, no older than six months from date of document submisson
- Scholarship or Fellowship Award letter if applicable
- Submit a copy/scan of your passport ID page
How do I submit the documents listed above?
For IELI admits, follow the instructions on the application, and submit documents to: IELI Admissions, 3620 Varsity Drive, Tyler, TX 75701, or email them as an attachment to email@example.com
In person – Bring to IELI staff at OIP Building located at 3620 Varsity Drive on the UT Tyler campus
- By mail – Use the following mailing address:
- Office of International Programs
The University of Texas at Tyler
3620 Varsity Drive
Tyler, TX 75701
- By email
- Send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please send scanned attachments as PDFs.
A Form I-20 will be issued usually within two business days of meeting the Form I-20 eligibility requirements. Students receive a confirmation email when their UT Tyler Form I-20 is ready for issue.
How will I receive my I-20?
Option 1: eShipGlobal, https://study.eshipglobal.com
- eShipGlobal is the fastest way to receive your I-20. You will need to set up an account and pay for the shipment. eShipGlobal will then contact us and we will ship the I-20 to you immediately. Step-by-step instructions on how to use eShipGlobal.
Option 2: In-person pick-up
- We will allow you to pick up your I-20 in person or designate someone to do it for you. If you choose this option, please let us know by email to email@example.com indicating who will pick up the I-20 and on what date, and we will have the I-20 ready at the ISSFS Center located at OIP (directions). If someone else picks up your I-20, they must show proof of identity.