Office of International Programs
To maintain lawful F-1 status, students must follow specific reporting requirements while in the US.
Upon arrival to the campus:
- Check-in at the International Student, Scholar and Faculty Services (ISSFS) Center
in UC 2160. Bring:
- All immigration documents.
- Financial documents, if you have not provided them previously (transfer students).
- Local address, phone number and emergency contact information.
At all times during F-1 status:
- Within 10 days of changing your address:
During Optional Practical Training, report to the ISSFS within 10 days after each change:
- Change of address.
- Initial employment or changes of employment.
- Employment confirmation every six months (STEM extension only)
Use the fillable OPT/STEM OPT Extension Employment Report form to update your international advisor about any employment changes.