How to Retrieve Your Insurance Card
Retrieving Your Insurance Card from BlueCross BlueShield (BCBS)
In order to retrieve your insurance card you must first create an account with BCBS.
How to Create a BCBS Account:
- Visit this AHP website.
- Enter your student ID number and date of birth, then click "Submit."
- If your record is found, your Member ID and Group Number will be displayed.
- Please make note of your Member ID and Group Number for future use.
- If your record is not found, or there appears to be a problem, please contact email@example.com.
Now that you have your Member ID and Group Number:
- Visit this BCBS website.
- Read all of the instructions on the webpage and click on "Continue."
- Enter your preferred user name, password, and retype your password. Also, please fill out your email address, retype you email address, select a security question, and choose a security answer. Then click "Next."
- Enter your first name, last name, date of birth (month, day, year), zip code (this will usually start with 7570_), then enter your student ID number (this will begin with 5000 or 60010). Recall the Group Number given to you by the AHP website and enter that number, as well. Then click "Next."
- You will be sent an email confirmation. You should then be able to log in to the BCBS website.
- If you are not able to log in, or there appears to be a problem, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Note: Your password should only contain letters and numbers. No special characters are allowed.
Now that you are logged in to the BCBS website, follow the below instructions to order a new insurance ID card:
- If you are not logged in, please go to the BCBS website.
- Go to the "My Coverage" tab, then select "Request ID Card."
- Please select the address you would like the card to be sent to and click on "Order an ID Card."
- If you do not see the address you would like your card to be mailed to, please click "Send to a Different Address" and then click on "Contact Us."
- Select "Membership Maintenance" in the drop down menu and enter the correct address.
- Once you have confirmation that your address has been changed you may order a new ID card. Note: Once you have updated your address on the BCBS website, please email the new address, with your name and student ID, to email@example.com.