Office of International Programs
Research travel/study programs offered by UT Tyler.
Attend a study abroad informational meeting and meet one-on-one with the Study Abroad Advisor in the Office of International Programs (OIP) to determine your specific plan of action, especially regarding which program you will apply for, what classes you will take, and how you will pay for the program. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet with your departmental advisor to make sure that the study abroad course/program fulfills your degree requirements.
Complete the proper forms from the options below:
- Students that are not enrolled in the GATE Program must complete the UT Tyler Travel/Study student application form and return the completed application form and processing fee to the Office of International Programs.
- All international students must also complete the International Student Request to Participate in Faculty-led Travel/Study Abroad form and turn it in to their international advisor in the OIP International Student, Scholar and Faculty Services Center.
- If you are planning to enroll in non-UT Tyler courses abroad and wish to transfer credits back to UT Tyler, you must complete the Pre-Approval Form for Courses Abroad and obtain the required signatures from the appropriate academic department. Please use one form per department and seek assistance from the OIP Study Abroad Advisor as needed.
Be aware of fees/deposit deadlines for chosen program.
Attend a UT Tyler Passport Day event or apply for a passport if you don't already have one and need one sooner. Be aware of the fact that your passport should be valid for more than six (6) months before you would be allowed to enter a foreign destination. It is recommended that you renew your passport nine (9) months before your passport expires.
Research and apply for financial aid and scholarships.
- Be aware of financial aid deadlines for the term in which you are studying abroad.
- Fill out the Application for UT Tyler Study Abroad Scholarships form. Return to email@example.com.
- Contact the UT Tyler Financial Aid office to apply for additional financial aid as needed.
Purchase a mandatory Study Abroad Health Insurance plan from Academic HealthPlans.
- Print your temporary ID Card.
Attend mandatory “Study Abroad for Students” workshop (this workshop is offered by the OIP once each semester). During the workshop, students will:
- Complete UT Tyler Release Form, Participant Responsibility Form and Emergency Contact Form.
- Register with International SOS. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain instructions.
- Register with Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP).
- Receive emergency contact card to be kept in possession at all times during trip.
- Complete mandatory post-trip evaluation form.
- Complete mandatory post-trip scholarship acknowledgement letters.