Office of International Programs
Research travel/study programs offered by UT Tyler.
Attend a study abroad informational meeting or meet with a study abroad advisor at the Office of International Programs. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet with your departmental advisor to make sure that the study abroad course/program fulfills your degree requirements.
Complete the proper forms from the options below:
- If you are planning to participate in a UT Tyler Travel/Study course complete the student application. Return to email@example.com. Also, beginning 1 January 2015, you must pay the $50, non-refundable, application fee for studying abroad. Payment must be brought to the OIP (3620 Varsity Drive, Tyler, TX 75701).
- International students must also complete the International Student Request to Participate in Faculty-led Travel/Study Abroad form.
- If you are planning to enroll in non-UT Tyler courses abroad, complete the Pre-Approval Form for Courses Abroad.
Be aware of fees/deposit deadlines for chosen program. Including the application fee for studying abroad.
Research and apply for financial aid and scholarships.
- Be aware of financial aid deadlines for the term in which you are studying abroad.
- Fill out the Application for UT Tyler Study Abroad Scholarships form. Return to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact the UT Tyler Financial Aid office to apply for additional financial aid.
Purchase a Study Abroad Health Insurance plan from Academic HealthPlans.
- Print your temporary ID Card.
Attend mandatory “Study Abroad for Students” workshop (this workshop is offered once each semester). During the workshop, students will:
- Complete UT Tyler Release Form, Participant Responsibility Form and Emergency Contact Form.
- Register with International SOS. Contact email@example.com to obtain instructions.
- Register with Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP).
- Receive emergency contact card to be kept in possession at all times during trip.
Complete mandatory post-trip evaluation form.