Office of International Programs
Health & Safety
The University of Texas at Tyler is committed to the safety and well-being of our students abroad. The following resources will help students prepare for their travels. Many cities abroad are safer than some areas of the United States, but lack of familiarity with the culture, language, and locales may increase the risk of a mishap.
For information regarding health and safety updates and topics, please visit the following related links:
- Health & Safety Guide
- UT System Study Abroad Insurance
- How to Use Study Abroad Insurance
- OSAC Report: Driving Overseas: Best Practices
- International SOS Health and Safety Maps
- Traveling and Mobile Device Security
- Safety Resources for Study Abroad
- Satellite Phones - What to know and where they go (DHS Tech note)
- U.S. State Department Travel Warnings
- U.S. Embassies
- Tips for Students Studying Abroad
- Safety Abroad Handbook (USC Center of Global Education's Resources and Preparation Tips for Students Considering Study Abroad)
Students, staff, and faculty requiring any type of emergency assistance while abroad are instructed to contact International SOS at +1-215-942-8478. International SOS accepts collect calls, and is available 24/7 to assist with overseas medical, security, or legal emergencies. UTPD may also be contacted at +1-903-566-7300.
To view current UT Safety Updates regarding international locations click here.