Office of International Programs
Health & Safety
The University of Texas at Tyler is committed to ensuring that students are prepared to have a safe and healthy experience abroad. The following resources are provided to students to assist students begin preparing.
Remember you are ultimately responsible for the choices you make regarding your safety! Many places abroad are safer than the U.S., but your lack of familiarity with the culture, language, people and locales may put you at higher risk.
- In Case of Emergency
- Health & Safety Guide
- UT Tyler FERPA Tutorial
- UT System Study Abroad Insurance
- How to Use Study Abroad Insurance
- OSAC Report: Driving Overseas: Best Practices
- International SOS 2015 Health and Safety Maps
- Pre-Travel Health Assessment Form
- Traveling and Mobile Device Security
Satellite Phones - What to Know & Where They Go (See Study Abroad Advisor)
For more information on health and safety issues, as well as health and safety updates, please visit the following related links: