International Education Fee Scholarship
Study Abroad Scholarship for UT Tyler Students
International Education Fee Scholarship (IEFS)
The International Education Fee Scholarship (IEFS) is made possible by the International Education Fee that UT Tyler students pay each semester.
- UT Tyler students elected to pay $1 each semester on their student fee bill to collect money to support scholarships for students studying abroad. As a result, each UT Tyler student contributes $1 per semester to the IEFS Fund to support international travel study.
- IEFS Awards Range from $500-$3,000
- Short-term Faculty-led Programs: $500-$1,000
- Semester Length Programs: $1,000-$2,000
- Yearlong Programs: $2,000-$3,000
- 2017 IEFS Scholarship Application Deadlines
- Spring 2017 Deadline: 17 February 2017
- Summer 2017 Deadline: 5 May 2017
- 2017 IEFS Award Announcement Dates
- Spring 2017: 24 February 2017
- Summer 2017: 19 May 2017
Guidelines and application materials are listed below:
- Students must plan to participate in approved study abroad course(s) to qualify for an award.
- UT Tyler undergraduate or graduate students may apply.
- Students must be enrolled in appropriate study abroad course(s).
- Open to students in all areas of study.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 for undergraduates, and a GPA of 3.0 for graduate students.
- Applicants must submit an application form, a transcript and a brief essay (no more than 300 words) explaining the reason for aspiring to study abroad.
- Applicants must submit at least two faculty rating forms and accompanying letters of recommendation from faculty members not accompanying the international trip (additional letters are accepted).
- Applications will be reviewed by UT Tyler's Intercultural Affairs Committee.
- Successful applicants will be notified by the Office of International Programs.
- Scholarship is non-renewable.
- Students receiving Freshman or Transfer Scholarships are ineligible to receive this award.
NOTE: Disbursement of awarded scholarship funds are made in accordance with the scheduled financial aid disbursement date for the semester awarded. Scholarship awards received are considered a resource to meet financial need, and therefore impact aid eligibility. If resources are identified or received after your initial aid awards are made, they could cause some awards to be reduced or rescinded. After payment of UT Tyler tuition and fees, any remaining funds will be disbursed on the published financial aid refund date.