UT Tyler Study Abroad Scholarship Opportunities
Office of International Programs
Dorothy Bradley Brown International Studies Endowed Scholarship (DBB)
The Dorothy Bradley Brown International Studies Endowed Scholarship (DBB) is offered through UT Tyler's Office of International Programs.
- DBB Awards Range from $500-$1,500
- 2017 DBB Scholarship Application Deadlines
- Spring 2017 Deadline: 17 February 2017
- Summer 2017 Deadline: 5 May 2017
- 2017 DBB Award Announcement Dates
- Spring 2017 Deadline: 24 February 2017
- Summer 2017 Deadline: 19 May 2017
Guidelines and Application Materials
- Students must be enrolled in appropriate UT Tyler travel/study course(s) to qualify for an award.
- UT Tyler undergraduate or graduate students may apply.
- Open to students in all areas of study.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Applicants must have junior standing (60 credit hours) or higher.
- Applicants must demonstrate a seriousness of purpose, academic accomplishments and leadership abilities.
- Applicants must submit an application form, a transcript and a brief essay (no more than 300 words) explaining the reason for aspiring to study abroad.
- Applicants must submit at least two faculty rating forms and accompanying letters of recommendation from faculty members not accompanying the international trip (additional letters are accepted).
- Applications will be reviewed by UT Tyler's Intercultural Affairs Committee.
- Successful applicants will be notified by the Office of International Programs.
- Scholarship is non-renewable.
- Students receiving Freshman or Transfer scholarships are ineligible to receive this award.
NOTE: Disbursement of awarded scholarship funds are made in accordance with the scheduled financial aid disbursement date for the semester awarded. Scholarship awards received are considered a resource to meet financial need, and therefore impact aid eligibility. If resources are identified or received after your initial aid awards are made, they could cause some awards to be reduced or rescinded. After payment of UT Tyler tuition and fees, any remaining funds will be disbursed on the published financial aid refund date.